Saturday, May 18, 2002

I have fun going out to breakfast with Louie. He's a fun guy. We harass the waitresses and they harass us back. Being the bit of an introvert that I am, this is different for me. Louie is an extrovert. He knows just about everybody who walks into the place, pausing to chat with folks and taking the time to introduce them to me. I love watching the people and eavesdropping in on their conversations. Today, the topic was the weather....

The snow is heavy and quickly sticks to the ground. Everything is white again, reminding us of the power of Mother Nature. Contrasts outside the window of people walking into the cafe, wearing shorts and passing flowering bushes and forsythia covered with snow. It's pretty but it does a tune on my head as I was already planning to mow the grass this weekend.

It's still coming down outside and my "lawn" is covered in a blanket of white. Zippy is wrapped into a ball on the couch and it is silent here, a winter wonderland outside my window. Immature maple leafs curled in protest. Grey squirrels scurrying up tree limbs to the comfort and warmth of their nests high above in the branches. I watch my little Chipmunk friend whom I have affectionately nicknamed Alvin, scurry across the stream heading into my pond, careful not to get wet. Using my binoculars, I watch him stuffing his cheeks full of seeds and such, nervously looking about. I wonder if this weather has the animals in a confused state.

I have that research project to think about and I know all the avid readers of Jim's quiet musings are probably sick and tired of hearing about it. I'm a procrastinator to the nth degree. When I don't want to do something, I can find SO MANY things to do OTHER than what I need to be doing. Then at the last minute I'm in a scramble to slap some crappy thing together that I end up becoming ashamed about. *sigh*

Well, better get started.....

Ciao!

-Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics