Sunday, November 11, 2001

Mornin' . . . Cooking one of my favorite dishes this morning, Smokey Blackeyed Peas. I don't have a recipe per se, as I just kind of dump everything in the crockpot with a keen eye for flavor. Well, those of you who know me know that I have a keen set of tastebuds for the the extra spicy also! So, I decided last night to add some Habañero peppers to the pot. I chopped up two of them (a jar of the screaming hot little buggers lasts months if not years) and dumped them into the mix. Can you say Skoville Units? As some of you might know, the Habañero pepper holds the world record for the highest rating in Skoville Units at a blistering 200,000 Skoville units, compared to the bell pepper's rating of zero. So, if you add two of them to the pot, does that mean you double that? After tasting my concoction, I would think that is true. So, I guess I have to eat this stuff now . . . nobody else in their right mind would touch it! I hate wasting food . . . . live and learn!

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics