Monday, April 18, 2011


I was surfin' Stumbleupon.com again and came across this video on a site claiming this technology is something "New and Different," offered up by the Smack Nightclub on Tavistock St., Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England. 

Well, I beg to differ. 

While teaching and living in Guangzhou, Guangdong, People's Republic of China back in 2003, a handful of friends and I used to jump on the bus and head over to Xintang, a dirty little town that turns into one hell of a party at night.  One of the dance clubs we went to had the same lights, all over the ceiling, walls and floor and an awesome DJ just about every night spinning Dubstep, Trance, House, Hard House and IDM music until the wee hours of the night.  In fact, three more dance clubs we hit while I was living there, all had the same setup.  So, it's definitely not an exclusive to England. 

The music in those clubs was so loud you could feel the music!  Dancing on the dance floor was an experience I can't explain here...you'd just have to experience it yourself.  Many a night I got lost in myself, dancing and writhing to those awesome beats. 

The awesome song on this video, by-the-way, is Rusko's "Hold On..." one I've had in my files and on my Mp3 player for quite a while.  If ya get a chance, head on over to YouTube and do a search for Rusko's stuff...it's definitely worth the trip.

-Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics