Monday, June 16, 2003

I'm hoping to continue this blog while I'm in China but quite honestly I don't know if that is going to work out. The reason I say this is because I remember last March while I was in Beijing for two weeks, accessing the internet through the business center at Xindadu Hotel in Northwest Beijing...

I was never able to access blogger while there nor was I able to access my e-mail through the Earthlink website. It seems China has another Great Wall in it's midst.

The Great Firewall of China

or

The People's Republic of Proxy

Hopefully things have changed and I can manage to keep this site going, but in case I can't I am posting this message now so people don't just think I've dropped off the face of the earth when my postings grind to a halt.

I'm taking my laptop and most likely sending my printer and scanner ahead by sea freight. I've already looked into internet hookups, which we have available but it'll cost me about 150 RMB to have my own hookup in my apartment through China Telecom.

I'm wicked busy lately with my research paper for Social Psychology but that will be over soon, with class ending on June 30th. Meanwhile, my TEFL class on Saturdays is going pretty good and I'm learning a lot plus having fun.

The rest of my free time is devoted mainly to reading reaves and reaves of material about China. Some is informative and some is a waste of time. I hope to blog soon about one of my recent disappointing reads.

-Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics