Wednesday, May 28, 2003


I just purchased a digital camera.

Not your "run of the mill" digital camera, but a tiny little thing with all sorts of bells and whistles that will fit into the palm of my hand with room to spare. I also got one of those "memory sticks" that will hold about twenty billion photos and short, fifteen second movies. Cool beans. I fired it up this morning and took a picture of myself, utilizing the "self-timer" feature.

Yes, that is how I look in the early morning. Scary huh?

So, I'm pressing forward towards my goal of moving to China by September. I've enrolled with the Boston Academy of English in Boston, Massachusetts, for my TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate and I begin classes June 7th. College classes at CLL and my TEFL classes will sort of overlap for a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to keep my head above water. I graduate from BAE in late August, taking classes only on Saturdays.

The rest of my time here has been spent working on my mid-term exam at the University of New Hampshire library and putting my research project together. Things on the home front have been a bit difficult, mostly through the rough integration of Jim's World with Wanda's world, but things seem to be leveling out. I've primarily lived a solitary, independent life for the past twelve years so being under the roof with three females, (Six, if you count the dog and two cats) was an adjustment to say the least.

Nothing much more to report except for happening upon a rather interesting chap, Stephen Savage from Australia who is engaged in some rather interesting international travel. I was contacted by Steve, through PLACE TO STAY dot net, having totally forgotten that I had registered with the site when I owned my last home. So, after a couple of e-mails back and forth, it seems Steve and I may still cross paths if he ventures this direction on his way to New York, before I head East.

If you want to follow Steve's progress during his travels, click HERE and it will take you to his website.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Till we meet again,

-Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics