Friday, October 01, 2004




Malacca...The Damn Truth!
This photo of the famous Strait was taken from high atop the old fort in Malacca, during my visit to Malaysia in May.
A little history:
The Strait of Malacca is perhaps the most important sea route in the world, carrying over 50,000 vessels per year through this narrow passage that form the main passageway between the Indian and Pacific oceans.
Okay....enough history. Here's the deal...I've got this thing about swimming (or at least setting foot) in the major waters of the world. To my credit, I've swam or set foot in the Philippine Sea, Andaman ocean, South China sea, Pacific, Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. So, it makes sense that being so close to such a famous body of water as the Straits of Malacca.....
Yep, I just had to do it.
Only problem was...dragging poor Annie into my little scheme.
Like a trooper, she went along with my idea, holding my camera in hand, poised on high (and dry) land.
More to follow.....
-Jeeem-

Posted by Hello

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics