Saturday, February 16, 2002

Almost forgot.....

I called the Vietnamese Embassy in Washington, DC for the umteenth time yesterday. You see, it was closed from the 11th to the 14th in celebration of the Vietnamese Lunar New Year. So, here is the dialog (complete with my imagination):

"Herro, Vianamese Imbassi"

"Hi. My name is Jim Anderson. My full name is Leonard J. Anderson. I sent my passport to you on the 8th for an entry visa and I need to cancel it as my trip to Asia was cancelled"

(imagine this little brown guy holding the phone and covering it with his hand, talking to his colleagues in the office) "It's thaat dam Amelican again."

"Ohkaay. You tell me name again."

L-E-O-N-A-R-D
J-A-M-E-S
A-N-D-E-R-S-O-N

"Annersan?" (giggling while holding phone)

"No. A-N-D-E-R-S-O-N"

"Tha's wha I said. Annersan." (more giggling)

You see, these guys speak perfect English. They are just sick of me calling and everytime I hang up, they all make fun of me. I just know it.

Stay tuned for the plight of Jim Annersan's "Return of the passport." -Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics