Saturday, January 26, 2002

Received an e-mail from my friend Celerina a couple of days ago. She has made the decision to stay single for the rest of her life. Cely didn't explain much, just that she had a boyfriend but it wasn't looking good for him. Trouble is when a Filipino woman says something like that, and knowing Cely, she probably ain't kidding. Course I had nothing to do with that decision of hers . . . right? Humm . . . she did say something to the effect, but I ain't taking no blame.

Caused me to think of a book I read by May Sarton once (sorry Dave - I tried not to mention any books I'd read). Anyway, May Sarton lived a solitary life in Maine and wrote about it. I remember getting lost in her beautiful descriptions of her surroundings and her deep thoughts. Just think how good of a blogger she woulda been.

Being recently of the unattached persuasion again, I gotta say that the feeling was/is a good one. I could feel the stress melt away. Relationships are stressful no matter how you chalk em up. Or is it just me? (Suddenly the earth tips on it's axis as billions of heads nod in unison) But, a solitary life? No. I don't think so. It's an interesting thought but I just don't think I could do it or would want to. Perhaps I just need to get into an unstressful relationship (Suddenly the earth tips back as billions of heads tip back in howls of gutteral laughter). -Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics