Sunday, January 20, 2002

I have lived a rather "colorful" life in my forty-six years on this earth. Most people I meet around here don't really believe me when I mention some of the things I have done, experienced or seen. I used to be quite the risk taker but have naturally slowed down in my middle age. Many challenges have presented themselves to me over the years.

Most recently I have met a new challenge. Two of them actually. Both are female, one being thirteen and the other eleven. They hate me. Actually, I don't think they actually hate me as much as they just don't want me around their mother. Recently the mother and I went out to dinner at a local Friendly's. We took the youngest. At first she was a sweet, cute little eleven year old . . . . . then, well have you ever seen the exorcist with Linda Blair?

Suddenly this little girl child became a she devil in disguise, vomiting blackish-greeish bile and spouting slanderous quips as her head revolved on it's axis. I managed to get through it, but I'm not a kid person and I find it difficult to see a little girl whom I thought had a connection with me, turn into a hateful and repulsive shedemon from the lower depths of hell.

I've done and seen a lot of things but I'm finding this very, very difficult. The mother tells me it is a natural occurance and that the two she-devils are really just little girls protecting their mother. I'm thinking of opting out. For the first time in my life I feel I may surrender and retreat in cowardice. Wave the white flag and silently go into a flaming dive, crashing into the mountains. This is tough. Why hadn't I ever read about this phenomenon before? Surely a book exists somewhere. Instructions for the foreign male intruder who ventures across the threshold of feminine territory.

Maybe if I just light some more of these candles and say a couple more chants, they will go away. -Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics