Monday, May 20, 2002

Cheney: Attacks 'Almost a Certainty'

Oh Great....as if we didn't have anything else to worry about. Wonderful.

Well, I created a bit of havoc at the local hardware store today. Seems I left my propane tank's valve open when I left it to be filled. I returned later to have Fran, the owner, tell me a few old ladies had flown into a panic. Probably thought Osama Bin Laden (a household name here in the U.S. now) was gassing us. Well good. Got their blood flowing a little I guess.

My friend Anne Charmaine who lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia says it is stifling hot and humid in Southeast Asia right now and she tells me it is the same way in Europe. "I bet you're jealous," she says. Nope. Today, the sun is out, it is around 13 degrees Celsius and we have a cool breeze blowing. Anne must have read my posting about our spring snowstorm. Sorry Anne, I'll take a snowstorm any old day over that oppressive Southeast Asian heat and humidity.

Anne is a yogurtaholic. She dreams not only of eating the stuff, she talks of swimming in it. Yogurt diving it is called. A new Malaysian sport event, no doubt. She spells yogurt with an 'h' like, "Yoghurt," and today I found that to be another, correct way to spell it. Me? I'm a meataholic. Mheat is an incorrect spelling. I barbecue meat, bake it, fry it, broil it, saute it, stir fry it, grill it, boil it, crock pot it, simmer it, steam it and live for it. My Weber is still smoking. Got me some barbecued chicken thighs, mustard greens slathered in butter and sour dough biscuits for dinner tonight! Hell, I'd swim in it if I could. Meat diving? Whoa! Let's not go there.

Louie just stopped by telling me he was gonna take me out for Chinese food. Poor guy's gotta drive down here to get ahold of me cause I'm perpetually online. I told him I was all set with my Southern dinner tonight but I'd take a rain check. He's got me working on a personal's ad for a companion. I'd love to see Louie with a nice lady, so I've placed an ad for him. Details to follow...

-Jeeem-

0 comments:

 
Web Analytics