Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm the sort of guy who hates change.

One of my favorite sayings is, "If it works, don't fix it!"  When at an ethnic restaurant, I am often reluctant to order something new, sticking with the same old, same old and only occasionally sampling new cuisine.  If my employer makes too many drastic changes in my workday, I quit.  

I'm a creature of habit...big time.  

Contrary to everything I've just said, I've been thinking of changing my blog site template for many months now, but I was always a bit hesitant since I knew I'd lose many of the tweaks I've spent time and a lot of effort creating on my old blog template.  

Well, today I've taken the plunge!  

I hope you all like the new look, but just as I figured, I've lost many of the items that used to be present on the old template and I'm currently trying to figure out how to replace them in my new template.  It's not an easy task and I'm going about it in a rather blind sort of way since all the fact sheets and instructional guides are too difficult for me to understand.  So I hope you all will be patient with me through the next few months as I take some blind stabs at tweaking this new look.  

I've lost all the old comments from my old template, so I've updated my comment section to the newest format on the Haloscan site, which is now called JS-Kit. 
 
The main reason for my template change is the acquisition of Blogger.com by Google, causing a number of integration issues.  Let's just hope Google will get their ideas of change off their chest, and adopt my "If it works, don't fix it," method.  
-Jeeem-


0 comments:

 
Web Analytics